Information Collected. Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
• contact information: name, company/organization/church, complete address, phone number, email address;
• mailing information: name, company/organization/church, complete address;
• information concerning how you heard about Star of Hope;
• information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions; and
• your request to receive periodic updates; e.g., to individuals who request it, we will send periodic mailings related to specific fund-raising appeals, prayer concerns, and newsletters.
• Credit card numbers are not collected by Star of Hope® but by a PCI compliant third party, ServiceU Corporation. You may review their privacy statement at https://public.serviceu.com/global/policies/privacy.htm.
How Information is Used. Star of Hope® uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, and update you on organizational happenings. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
No Sharing of Personal Information. Star of Hope® will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations outside the Star of Hope world. Your basic information is shared with the Star of Hope office in the country where you sponsor a child in order to facilitate the communication between you and your sponsored child. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Star of Hope® and only to further the activities and purposes of Star of Hope®.
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List. It is our desire to not send unwanted mail to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list.