We have a responsibility to be faithful stewards and to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices. Therefore, we are committed to fulfilling the following standards:
• We subscribe to a written statement of faith clearly affirming our commitment to the evangelical Christian doctrine. Biblical values of honesty and transparency are integral to our financial dealings.
• We are governed by a responsible Board of Directors. Our Board meets to establish policies, approve budgets, and review operational results and ministry accomplishments.
• Our financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. We obtain an annual audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards by an independent public accounting firm, Stockman Kast Ryan + Co. Copies of our current audited financial statements are available upon request or can be downloaded from this website (see sidebar).
• Our Board appoints an audit committee, the majority of whom are not staff members or their relatives, to review the annual audit and report its findings to the Board.
• We seek to conduct our activities with the highest standards of integrity and to avoid conflicts of interest. Because we believe that it is God's place to prompt a response to our fund-raising appeals, we shun high-pressure or manipulative fund-raising tactics.
• Our fund-raising appeals clearly identify the purpose and programs to which donations will be applied, and we ensure that donations are used for the purposes for which they were raised. Our Board has directed that all contributions designated for specific projects shall be applied to those projects, and we may assess up to 10 percent to be used for administering the gift. Occasionally, we receive more contributions for a given project than can be wisely applied to that project. When that happens, we use these funds to meet a similar pressing need. Our policy is to meet the needs God lays before us.
• Contributions to the organization are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. In order to help our donors determine the tax-deductible portion of their gifts, we receipt all donations showing the fair market value of any goods or services provided to the donor.
• Out of respect for individuals' privacy, we do not sell or rent our mailing list to other groups wishing to use the names and addresses of our supporters. We maintain tight security on our list of friends and supporters.