Skip - Give - Change Lives
#Skipittogiveit is back for the 3rd year, a 2-week campaign to help fund relief efforts in Haiti following hurricane Matthew and the subsequent disasters. This year there has been extreme civil unrest and the ones who suffer are the weak and poor.
This campaign is very simple; the name says it all! Imagine thinking about others before buying a gourmet coffee, an extra donut, a dinner out; and instead of spending taking those few dollars you give them to help the needy in Haiti?
There's more! "Skip it to Give it" also promotes sacrificial giving and prayer that will strengthen the church body and jump-start prayer wherever it might be needed. What a great way to start a conversation about salvation too.
Here is a video of our friend, Pastor Jonathan, he explains this much better!
How #SkipittoGiveit works:
We bring Hope and light to blow darkness away together with Bible-believing people like you, who take action!
The "Skip it to Give it" project is quite simple...
- It takes place over any 2-week period that you choose.
- People are encouraged to give up a daily item for 2 weeks and instead put the money they saved into the provided envelope.
- People are encouraged to increase prayer for the people of Haiti for the 2 weeks.
- Envelopes are collected and returned to Star of Hope.
- You then receive updates from Star of Hope about how your money was used to help the children in Haiti.
- Skipittogiveit can be a great way to start teaching children about giving.
This project turns the hearts of people toward prayer and self-sacrifice. It is also very easy to implement. Our information packet will provide you with all the tools you need to present "Skip it to Give it" to your church or an organization like the NHS at your local high school, your business office, Boy/Girl Scouts, 4-H, community service groups, or motorcycle club.
Disasters follow Haiti. The misery is out of the news cycle yet we need a way to keep the chatter alive and to give your church or group an easy way to help. The people are close to us in the USA. Let's reach out to the poorest in this hemisphere. Who knows, perhaps "Skip it to Give it" will become a yearly tradition for you.
Are you ready for the Skip it to Give it Challenge?
or give us a Call on 866 653 0321 for clear information on how to get started!
The need in Haiti
The people of Haiti need the word of Christ and physical help but are often overlooked as a country in dire need.
Now with new rounds of protests and civil unrest help is needed more than ever.
Through Star of Hope, your sacrificial giving can provide them with many necessary items like;
- clean water
- building supplies
- cooking supplies
- buckets for hauling water and washing
- paper, pencils, uniforms, and school books
- games and sports equipment for the children
- goats, chickens, cows, and donkeys
- hand tools and seeds for planting
Together we can make a difference. Together we can skip that gourmet coffee, donut, dinner or movie and take those few dollars and give them to help the needy in Haiti.
Do you belong to a group that can "Skip it to Give it"?
Give us a Call at 866 653 0321 for clear information on how to get started!
Your action can be like a seed that will grow!